It’s time for the next Crappy Day Present exchange! This is my first time participating, and I’m so excited! Many thanks to Doing My Best for organizing this. She has so much on her plate, I think it’s amazing that she finds the time. Love her!
Here are my answers to the registration questions. I am clearly incapable of talking about myself with any kind of brevity.
- What is your favorite color? PINK! I believe I’ve mentioned this a time or two (thousand). I am a sucker for all things pink and/or sparkly. I don’t wear a ton of pink (though I do think it and red are two of my best colors), and I don’t decorate with it in the main areas. However, our bedroom and my bathroom (which is all stuff I had before we moved in together) do have some splashes of pink. I love it in all shades, from baby to bright to dark. When it comes to buying random things like water bottles, makeup bags, yoga mats, whatever, I just can’t help myself; the pink one is always cutest to me.
- What is your favorite season? Summah, summah, summah-TIME (summah-time!)!!! Time to sit back and unwind… No, it is not possible for me to say “summertime” without instantly hearing that song. Anyway, I’m a beach girl at heart. I was born in Hawaii (though my stint there was short-lived), and then lived in Southern California until I was nearly 12. I love the sun, I love the water, I even love the heat. Utah generally has a bright, hot summer, but since it’s the desert (say it with me), it’s a dry heat. Late July – early August is the hottest time, and while it can get up over a hundred in SLC, it’s generally only that hot for a few days. When I’m on my game, I like to hike and go boating and camping, and there are some seriously gorgeous areas here for all of those things. Plus, it’s concert season, and seeing live music is one of my very favorite things to do. (Red Butte Garden ticket package D, I am coming for you!)
- What is your favorite treat? Cupcakes! I know people are “over” them, but I’m still under them, and I don’t care if it isn’t cool. I also love candy. A lot. I tend to gravitate towards gummy or sour things, aside from approximately one week per month, when chocolate rules the land. I love milk and white chocolate; hate dark. I prefer caramel to peanut butter, and I do not appreciate nuts IN things. I like most nuts on their own, though.
- What is your favorite scent? Coconut! I like most tropical-smelling things, actually. I’m drawn to a lot of Escada perfume because of it. No, I am not asking for someone to send me Escada perfume in a CDP. Unless someone has a free sample or a bottle they hate. Ha!
- What is your favorite ice cream coping mechanism? Sleep! I always feel at least a little better after a good night’s/nap’s sleep. I also like to read/watch something funny, and I nearly always find bubble baths restorative. Retail therapy is AWESOME. Food cheers me up more than it ought to.
- What do you like to do in your free time moments? Hang out with M and the dog, read (mostly blogs, lately), watch TV, listen to music, attend live performances (concerts, but also plays, dance performances, etc.). I like active and outdoorsy stuff, too, but lately Laziness has prevailed.
- What do you not enjoy doing, and why, but have to do anyway? Getting up earlier than I want to. I am just not a morning person, at all. I’ve NEVER been the kind of person whose feet hit the ground running in the morning, and I feel at my best in the afternoon and early evening. I’m in the process of being tested for sleep apnea, too, so my hatred of morning has been compounded hugely. I also cannot stand doing the dishes, but M usually does them (one of the many reasons I love him so!).
- If someone gave you money with the instruction that you had to spend it on something frivolous for yourself, what would you buy? Five or more times out of ten, it would be makeup/hair or nail stuff. Sephora and Folica are well-acquainted with my credit card number. The rest of the time, it would probably be books, music, or Starbucks.
- Do you have any decorating themes in your home/office? Nope! We are getting several of these (not an affiliate link) at Workplace, though, and I love them so hard. There are a couple that I might get for my office, and maybe for our place.
- Is there something that you REALLY, REALLY like?(Burt’s Bees, horses, cats, fairies, unicorns, birds, patriotic stuff, babies, chocolate, Diet Coke, etc….) Animals, especially baby ones! Things I like to receive almost without fail: soft socks, scented candles, lip stuff. I am also pro-gift card. Some people are, some aren’t.
- What is the VERY! BEST! present you have ever received and why was it the best? (The purpose of this question is to give people another idea of the sorts of things that make you happy.) This one broke my brain. I have a hard time with superlative questions, aside from the basics, like color. Ask me my most embarrassing memory, for instance, and I immediately blank out. I can’t pull a single one from hundreds of humiliating experiences. When I’m not trying to pick the MOST embarrassing, they flood right back. Same thing with this question. I will say, though, that I know that M gives excellent presents, even if I can’t pull them from RAM at the moment.
* I was just reminiscing the other day about my very first concert. I was 15, and I went with a boy I liked to Naughty By Nature (haaaaa). It was outdoors, all general admission, and the boy and I got separated early on. I was just the *tiniest* bit out of my element (whoo boy!), and more than a little nervous (spoiler: it ended up fine).