1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Traveled to meet stranger-friends from the internet (PJs@TJ’s), visited two new cities (Denver and Chicago), broke a bone (my right ankle, on the first day of our Denver trip), went under contract on a house (we close in a week, EEE!!!)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope and nope. General slate-cleaning (salute!) is on my mind, though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my best friends had her first baby, a gorgeous little girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, and for that I am very thankful. A couple of my good friends lost parents, though.
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn’t leave the U.S. and haven’t since 2003, when we took our first-and-possibly-only cruise.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Same as last year: More ambition and energy. Better physical conditioning. A house (we’ll get to check that one off pretty quickly!).
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 3rd, the day I broke my ankle; not that it needs to be memorialized or anything, I just happen to remember vividly that that was the date. Same with July 1st, the day I finally got rid of the walking boot. July 22nd, the day of the Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z concert in Chicago. November 19th, the day we made an offer on our soon-to-be house.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Eating well, exercising, losing weight. (Same as last year, boo.)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides the ankle, I had some issues with acid reflux. I am a fascinating person.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our Chicago vacation.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, car maintenance/repairs, trips, Amazon and Sephora.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Our vacations, concerts and performances (Travis Wall and company, Jersey Boys, Barenaked Ladies, The Book of Mormon, Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z, Bruno Mars), house hunting.
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke, anything from The Book of Mormon soundtrack or The 20/20 Experience.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? About the same? Maybe a little fatter.
– richer or poorer? Richer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Same as last year: eating well, exercising, losing weight!
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Same as last year: sitting on my ass, eating junk food.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent Christmas Eve with Matt’s family and Christmas Day with my mom. It was really low-key this year, which was nice.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Game of Thrones.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
My least favorite was The Book Thief.
And same as last year: I really didn’t read enough this year, though, and I would like to change that in
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Book of Mormon soundtrack.
22. What were your favorite movies of the year?
I didn’t see a single movie released in 2013. What the hell, man. We watched a lot of movies, but I can’t think of a favorite. I finally saw Magic Mike and liked it.
23. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Over and over!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes, one person. Sorry, but it’s true.
25. What did you want and get?
A new phone, trips, lots of makeup.
26. What did you want and not get?
To visit far-away friends. Also an iPad.
27. Who was the best person you met this year?
The ladies of PJs.
28. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I can’t think of one, so no.